Job Opportunity at MATCHBOX Exchange
Available position: Business Development Manager
MATCHBOX Exchange is not your typical business. We are a young but rapidly expanding business, which means we are small, hungry, and we have created a lot from nothing.
“Disruptive” is a term used to describe innovations like our product for a reason; because they disrupt the way things used to be. Our product does things differently, and better. WE do things differently, and better (at least our quarter-on-quarter growth says so). If you are looking for something that you know or something that you’re comfortable with, then this business is NOT for you. We are literally changing an industry, so if you are motivated to be part of that change and to contribute to the wins and growth of the business, then this opportunity is for you.
We aim to move the container logistics industry towards zero waste through collaboration and digital innovation. Our business culture is also collaborative, innovative, and moving towards zero waste.
An opportunity has arisen for a team member to join MatchBox as a Business Development Manager, who will drive revenue growth within the Thailand market. The role is focused on business development, delivering growth of revenue through increased customer activity and platform awareness. Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Thailand Country Manager, this role will deliver a quantifiable revenue growth pattern through engaging relevant customers to increase MatchBox adoption and activity.
Those who will be shortlisted for the role will be working remotely under the supervision of the Country Manager – Thailand. Access to WeWork offices is provided.
The person we employ will be someone who can assist in the following aspects of our business:
1. Be accountable to targets and budgeted sales figures
2. Drive revenue growth amongst new and existing customers
3. Work closely with the wider market/industry to create, develop, and maintain positive customer relationships.
4. Facilitate the adoption and ongoing use of new and existing MatchBox products and features
5. Provide quality support and expertise to various other core business functions
6. Manage and resolve arising issues with a customer centric focus
7. Effectively and proactively engage with customers in both a remote and in-person capacity
8. To visit customers on-site regularly to build up and maintain a good relationship with customers.
9. Implement sales programs by developing sales actions plans is up to current market trending i.e., changing trends, economic indicators and competitors analyst.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
1. Diploma/degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
2. Strong knowledge of the container transport supply chain in the Australian market
3. You have relationships within the Thailand logistics community
4. You are highly goal oriented, assertive and a hands-on, problem solver.
5. You possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
6. You demonstrate strong commercial acumen, understanding value across multiple stakeholders
Required Personal Traits
This role requires someone:
1. Who has a natural disposition for relationship building and enjoys connecting with people
2. Who is a strategic worker – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
3. Who is resourceful, with an ability to make logical decisions and support business activity.
4. Who considers their work as a part of their life that they get genuinely interested and excited about.
5. Who is self-motivated and can independently identify tasks that need focus.
6. Who can be relied upon and work autonomously, not needing constant reminding to do what is expected of them.
7. Who is organised, with the ability to continuously, proactively manage many different customer’s needs.
8. Who is patient and perseverant, with the ability to educate others on new systems and processes.
9. Who is a team player, with the desire and ability to work with people from differen teams to achieve broader goals
10. Who is prepared to spend time on the road visiting key customers.