The Research Triangle Institute (RTI) International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Our vision is to address the world’s most critical problems with science-based solutions in pursuit of a better future. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development.
STATEMENT OF WORK
Sustainable Fish Asia (SUFIA) Local Capacity Development Activity Communications Consultant
The purpose of the USAID Sustainable Fish Asia Local Capacity Development Activity Task Order (TO) is to facilitate the organizational capacity development of two regional organizations in Southeast Asia and the Pacific; facilitate and document project co-creation between these two organizations and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID); and conduct a regional private sector landscape assessment of the fisheries sector in Asia.
2. Scope of Work
The Communications (CC) Consultant will support SUFIA Local Capacity Development Activity’s on-going work with partners, working directly with the SUFIA team in Thailand and in collaboration with RTI Home Office team. The Communications Consultant shall:
- Collaborate with SUFIA team and its partners to develop content and communication materials, especially for SUFIA’s page on RTI website and social media content, that document program activities that are in alignment to USAID RDMA’s protocol requirements and expectations and for external audiences.
- Support the team and partners in communications and outreach-related activities during the implementation of the Capacity Development Action Plans (C-DAPs), Capacity Strengthening Initiative Grants and Gender and Inclusive Development Action Plans (GIDAP).
- Support the development of communications to promote the private sector engagement activities by SUFIA and its partners when relevant.
3. Period of Performance
The period of performance of this consultancy is between September 1, 2021 and November 30, 2021 (not to exceed a Level of Effort of 9 days). All work must be completed within this timeframe. Any modifications or extensions shall be requested through RTI SUFIA’s Project Manager for review and discussion.
4. Place of Performance
The Communications Consultant shall perform the work remotely. The Consultant may communicate with SUFIA Project Team, and vice-versa, for status updates and consultation on the deliverables. As part of information gathering to prepare for the articles, the Consultant may contact partners virtually in consultation with SUFIA team. The Consultant should have their own computing and office facilities to perform the tasks.
5. Work Requirements
As part of the SUFIA Local Capacity Development Activity, the Consultant shall be responsible for performing the following tasks throughout the various activities with partners over the duration of the consultancy. The following is a list of these tasks:
Press Releases: Consultant shall provide articles for press releases on the following events:
- Subcontract agreement signing between RTI and partners (2 events)
- Launch of an assessment report (1 event)
Blog Articles: Consultant shall provide articles for the SUFIA RTI web page on the following activities:
- Task 1 activities such as implementation of the Capacity Development Action Plans (C-DAPs), Capacity Strengthening Initiative subcontracts, Gender and Inclusive Action Plan, regional
- Task 2 activities such as SUFIA and partners’ activities with the private sector
Handoff/Closure of Consultancy Services:
- Consultant shall provide RTI SUFIA with all documentation (electronic and hard copies) generated during the Consultancy.
Depending on the articles and comments, editing and revision may be necessary.
|No.||Deliverables||Date (TBD)||Estimated Level of Effort (Days)*|
|1||2 Press Releases on Subcontract Agreement Signing with 2 partners||August – September 2021||2|
|2||1 Blog Article on Task 1 activities||October 2021||3|
|3||1 Press Release on a report launch||October – November 2021||1|
|4||1 Blog Article on Task 2 activities||November 2021||3|
|Total LOE (Days)||9|
*1 day = 8 hours; LOE includes preparation, writing, editing and revision.
7. Acceptance Criteria
The Acceptance of all deliverables will reside with RTI SUFIA Project Manager (PM) for Deliverables 1 and 2, and with the RTI Private Sector Engagement Specialist for Deliverables 3 and 4. The PM will work with the Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) to ensure completeness of each stage of the work and that the scope of work has been met. Once the deliverables have been submitted, the PM and the PSES will review the respective deliverables and sign off on the approval.
The Consultant will submit the deliverables according to the timeline as stated above in Section 6 to the PM and PSES, accordingly. The acceptance of these deliverables by the PM and PSES will acknowledge approval of all deliverables and that the Consultant has met all assigned tasks. Any discrepancies involving completion of project tasks or disagreement between RTI SUFIA and the Consultant will be referred to RTI’s Asia Regional Office and the RTI Home Office for review and discussion.
8. Other Requirements
REPORTING AND COMMUNICATIONS
The Consultant may provide written electronic communication on the status of the work done and to report on challenges faced, if any. RTI SUFIA may communicate to the Consultant regarding feedback on the submitted deliverables prior to approval.
RISKS AND CONSTRAINTS
Due to the pandemic situation, travel is not required. The Consultant may then need to be in touch with SUFIA team and partners virtually to gather needed information for the deliverables. The Consultant will copy furnish SUFIA PM and/or PSES in all electronic communication with partners, if any.
The Consultant shall use their own computer and other IT equipment to complete the work. Tax payments will also be shouldered by the Consultant.
RTI REPRESENTATIVE AND SUPPORT
For Deliverables 1 and 2: The SUFIA Project Manager in Bangkok, Thailand will provide technical oversight to the Consultant and will be the Consultant’s main contact point, and to whom deliverables will be submitted.
For Deliverables 3 and 4: The SUFIA Private Sector Engagement Specialist in Bangkok, Thailand will provide technical oversight to the Consultant and will be the Consultant’s main contact point, and to whom deliverables will be submitted.
- Capability Statement and Portfolio: Applicants should indicate their capacity to provide the services. This information should include past verified performance of similar assignments undertaken and include a contact person for reference (we are not expecting actual reference but only a contact name, e-mail address and phone number of the person that can provide reference). This capability statement should not exceed 2 pages. Anything more than 2 pages will not be reviewed. In addition, please submit a portfolio (with links if possible) highlighting past work with your application (submissions without one will not be considered).
- Professional CV
- Applicants must submit copies of the following:
- Personal ID Card/passport info page
- Educational degree certificates
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.