The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal
humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The Learning & Development Unit based in the ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok is seeking to appoint a talented, experienced and energetic Facilitator. Under the supervision of the Head of the Learning and Development Unit for Asia, the trainer facilitates both blended and fully digital in-house staff training courses in Bangkok and throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position: L&D Trainer/Facilitator, based in Bangkok
They are looking for a spirited team player with a can-do attitude to join our dynamic team.
- Delivering training courses – both face to face and online – covering staff induction, team management and leadership and other relevant topics that may include security and training of trainers.
- Contributing to the preparation and follow-up of candidates for the work-based learning of various training programmes.
- Developing course content in accordance with learning and development module designs and adapting certain modules and exercises to most suitably fit the context and operational activities.
- Supporting other department in the design of both formal and on the job learning activities when needed.
- Providing peer to peer coaching and support to other trainers and training relays throughout the region.
Selection requirements and experience:
- University degree / certification or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in training design and delivery in another organisation or company (or 5 years’ experience with the ICRC in 2 different contexts)
- Experience in training directed to Managers
- Experience in online facilitation
- Coaching skills a major asset
- Fluent in written and spoken English; other languages, especially French, a major asset
- International experience, preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Fully conversant with IT tools
- Robust interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Seasoned team-player and ability to engage collaboratively in a multicultural team.
- Strong intercultural skills: openness to and tolerance of different cultures, religions and opinions.
- Passionate about personal and professional development.
- Creative and innovative.
- Great organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner.
- Ability to travel frequently when circumstances permit.
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment.
- Initial 1-year employment contract with possibility of renewable.
- A competitive salary with benefits.