Posting Title 1 : Internship, Communication
Based in Bangkok, SEI Asia has a diverse team of multinational experts who integrate scientific
research with participatory approaches to co-develop and share knowledge, build partnerships,
and influence policy for resilient development. SEI Asia’s work focuses on gender and social
equity, climate adaptation, disaster risk reduction, water insecurity and integrated water
resources management, transitional agriculture, renewable energy and urbanization.
SEI Asia is an affiliate of Chulalongkorn University (CU), Thailand. SEI and CU have an
agreement to foster innovative scientific research combined with effective policy engagement on
development and environmental challenges in Asia. The key areas of collaboration are
intellectual engagement for joint research applications and fund mobilization, lectures and
seminars for CU students, post-graduate supervision and examination, and CU–SEI employee
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Manager (Asia) and guided by the
Head of Communications, the Communications intern (content and digital) will support the
SEI Asia Centre communications team in delivering activities outlined in the regional
communications work plan, particularly relating to content development and digital
engagement (online web management and social media management and analytics).
The learning and mentorship programme will be through the duties and responsibilities below.
• Support in the daily management of SEI Asia’s social media channels.
• Support in digital communications delivery for the key communication initiatives
including a high-level climate forum.
• Support in populating and updating SEI Asia’s content planning and social media
• Monitor SEI Asia’s digital performance
• Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, support as needed in the
drafting and development of social media/web content such as infographics,
videos, photo posts, etc.;
• Provide other communications-related support as required.
Upon completion of the assignment, and depending on its duration, the Intern should be
able to have:
• Increased understanding of SEI Asia’s work across the region, and globally;
• Hands-on experience in managing corporate social media channels;
• Work experience as a team member in a multicultural organization;
• Insights and knowledge collected from testing and learning of digital contents
throughout the duration of the assignment
• Increased knowledge of environment and sustainable development principles.
Who you are
We are looking for someone who is passionate, willing to learn and work with a diverse team.
Qualifications and Knowledge
• The intern should be a fresh graduate within one year or currently enrolled in the final
academic year of a first university degree programme or be enrolled in a postgraduate
degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher); Preferred areas of
studies are mass communications, graphic design, visual communications, media, or other similar subject at the university level;
• Excellent skills (writing and speaking) in English;
• Working knowledge of multimedia communication principles, specifically on graphic design and video editing
• Knowledge of social media engagement is required, experience in digital data and analytics is a plus;
• Knowledge of digital marketing principles and practices is a plus
• Innovative and creative thinking;
• Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Communicating information and ideas
• Knowledge sharing/continuous learning
• Valuing diversity
• Working in teams Additional Information
• SEI Asia provides a stipend allowance of THB 20,000 per month
• The cost of the initial visa application and relocation as well as accommodation shall be covered by the intern
• SEI Asia will support the process of obtaining the visa and work permit, if applicable
• The intern is responsible for his/her/their own health/ accident and life insurance for his/her/their stay in Thailand