|Availability of the Position||As soon as possible|
|Scope of Assignment|
Under the supervision of the Associate Protection Officer, the Senior Protection Associate is responsible for the following:
- Conduct research on movements of refugees and migrants in the region.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data collected through desk review and field missions.
- Draft reports, updates, and key messages.
- Undertake field missions to countries under the unit’s geographical coverage, during which the incumbent will conduct surveys and interviews with Persons of Concern and other stakeholders.
- Liaise as required with relevant UNHCR staff members in country operations for mission logistical arrangements, to gain access to Persons of Concern to be interviewed and gather relevant information about the protection environment.
- Follow-up on individual protection cases such as for family tracing request and coordinate accordingly with UNHCR country offices.
- Develop and maintain a database to manage the collected information.
- Conduct trainings for internal and external audience on issues of relevance to the unit.
- Undertake any other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Completion of University degree in law, international relations, or statistics.
- At least one year of related professional experience with refugees or migrants, including international experience.
- Five years of related professional, international experience with refugees or migrants in Asia, including experience collecting and analyzing significant amounts of data through interviews and other methodologies is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Excellent research, analytical, and drafting skills
- Strong knowledge of UNHCR protection policies and interviewing skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, including how to utilize spreadsheet formulas for data analysis is desirable
- Experience working with Rohingya persons of concern and counseling vulnerable persons of concern will be an asset