How can you make a difference?
The Programme Section, UNICEF Thailand Country Office (TCO) is seeking applications to a roster for individual consultants to document the proceedings including key discussion points and decisions of the meetings and conferences and render a concise report of the meeting for future reference.
- Document the proceedings throughout the meeting, capturing key discussion points, and decisions; and
- Prepare a concise report of the afore-mentioned meetings according to format and content agreed by hiring section.
- Serve as rapporteur during the meeting as required by sections; and
- Submit final report, incorporating any feedback shared by the hiring office in UNICEF.
Final report of meetings and conferences in format required by hiring office reflecting any comments or inputs shared by hiring office/ in meeting.
Estimated Duration of Contract: This is a call for consultants to be placed on the Rapporteur Consultants Roster. The duration of contract and necessary official travel in/outside Bangkok will be upon agreement with hiring manager.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience:
- A degree in Communications, journalism, social sciences or a related technical field and at least 3 years of professional experience;
- Excellent oral and written in both Thai and English;
- Experienced writer, preferably on issues in the development context;
- Familiar with children’s issues or social issues will be a plus;
- Proven ability to produce conference reports to a high quality professional standard;
- Familiarity with UN and UNICEF technical language and style is preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexible attitude is desirable
- Consultant based in Bangkok is also preferable.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, and proposed daily professional fee in USD, or in THB for Thai applicants by 4 April 2019.
Note: The successful candidates will be identified through the selection process and placed in the rapporteur roster for a period of 24 months with UNICEF Bangkok. The candidates/consultants will be called and contracted for an assignment as requested by hiring section. The duration of contract can be a minimum of one week, up to a maximum of 11.5 months a time depending upon the requirement of assignment. However, consultancy roster does not carry expectancy, renewal or conversion to any other type of contract with UNICEF.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.