Mekong Institute (MI) is a regional intergovernmental organization of the countries of the Greater Mekong Sub-region (Cambodia, Yunnan Province and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, P.R. China, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam) established in 1996. The Institute provides human resource development programs and services to GMS government agencies and the private sector involved in various regional development and cooperation activities under the GMS Economic Cooperation Program. The institute holds the distinction of being the only GMS-based training and research institute, owned by the six GMS governments, offering standard and on-demand human resource development programs with focus on regional cooperation and transnational development issues. The Institute is located in Khon Kaen, Thailand.
We are seeking candidates for the post of Project Coordinator for the RLED-EWEC Project under the general direction of the Director of EWEC Project. The position is based at the project field office in Kayin State, Myanmar.
The Project Coordinator provides administrative coordination and facilitative support before, during and after the conduct of all capacity development activities at the field level. S/he also provides translation support to local participants attending project-related activities and events.
MAIN DELIVERABLES AND TASKS
- Coordinate, recruit participants, prepare, organize, and facilitate the implementation of learning programs, workshops, trainings, structured learning visits and seminars in the project area
- In collaboration with MI Departments, coordinate and recruit targeted participants and perform other administrative tasks for CD programs
- With technical assistance of subject matter experts, support the continuous improvement of capacity development program delivery specifications to ensure that high quality content and methodologies are delivered by qualified resource persons (session planning, resource persons, field visit sites, facilitators, online study packages, etc.)
- Support the Project Team Leader and Lead Facilitator by coordinating with subject matter experts to arrange facilitation of all capacity development sessions under the thematic area. This includes working with resource persons in preparing session plan and training materials, facilitating learning activities and making synthesis and evaluation of each capacity development session/module.
- Write completion reports of capacity development activities and events
- Coach and facilitate networking between partners and beneficiaries
- In collaboration with the M&E Specialist/Officer, manage all local data collection activities, and document the results for feedback to the Project Team Leader and MI Departments
- Develop the budget for project activities
- Manage the expenditure and reporting of activity budgets
- Make contributions to project completion report, evaluation report and post-activity follow-up in accordance with MI standards and/or as required by development partners
- Maintain good working relationships with all local partners and beneficiaries
- In collaboration with MI local partners, support the conduct of research on emerging issues related to MI thematic areas and develop case studies to be used in capacity development activities
- Contribute information to be used in MI communications and publications
- Monitor targeted groups at the targeted areas and districts
- Any other reasonable tasks requested by the management
- Timely achievement of target outputs in the project plans
- Monitoring and reporting on results of capacity development activities
- Implementation plan kept up-to-date with adjustments to reflect M&E findings
- Quality capacity development activities facilitated by internal and external experts
- Strong working relationships with local stakeholders
- Reports to local authorities (on request)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in rural development, economics, agriculture or related field
- Knowledge of project management systems and principles
- At least three years’ experience working in agro-business project implementation in the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) particularly in agro-business capacity development
- Proven ability to communicate in English and the local language in written and spoken form
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a team and coordinate with others
- Proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications