The Legal Counsel in Indochina will assist in protecting the group’s legal interests and supporting its local distribution operations in accordance with applicable laws within the specified countries and scope.
This position would require occasional travels within the Indochina region, Singapore or other countries in ASEAN.
Roles & Responsibilities
1) Provide legal advice and support on the group’s day-to-day distribution and general business activities in Indochina, including but not limited to:
- Drafting, review and negotiation of commercial contracts,
- Sales, marketing and promotion matters,
- General corporate legal issues,
- Litigation matters;
- IP: Follow-up and ensuring the proper use and enforcement of group’s legal and IP assets.
2) Provide legal advice, support and assistance on regulatory matters: this covers business licenses, monitoring / update of legislation evolution in Thailand and Indochina region (excluding matters relating to logistics, FDA, EHS and administrative work) to relevant cross-functional stakeholders.
3) Develop, Engage and Maintain good relationships with local governmental authorities, as well as with external advisers in Thailand and Indochina
4) Assist in providing legal support to Merger & Acquisition (M&A) projects, for integration of acquisitions done in the region
5) Ensure proper corporate administration and governance in all Indochina subsidiaries: follow up on boards and shareholders meetings for entities in the covered work scope.
6) Implement the Group’s legal compliance strategies and AMERA legal best practices and policies, where necessary
7) Ensure proper integration of acquisitions done in Indochina (legal and compliance)
8) Escalate risks to direct and functional reports
Technical Qualifications / Experience
- Post-graduate law degree in Thailand
- At least 6-7 years experience as a lawyer in Thailand (experience in both private practice and in-house in an international MNC is a plus)
- Lawyer license in Thailand
- Experience in commercial contracts
- Strong proficiency in English – speaking, writing, contract drafting
- Proficiency in Windows-based applications – Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel
To be successful, you should be / have:
- Strong professional ethics
- Can work independently, and also as a team player
- Capacity to adapt, be flexible “think out-of the box”, and to make decisions
- Managerial Courage to exercise independent judgement
- Strong Business acumen
- Rigorous and organized, strong prioritisation skills
- Capacity and willingness to handle fast paced workload and strict timelines
- Enthusiastic and Proactive
- Strong communication skills, and capacity to interact with varying seniority of stakeholders
- Enjoys learning and self improvement