|Job Title: Supply Associate||Job ID: 23086|
|Location: Bangkok||Salary Grade: G6|
|Hardship Level: A||Family Location Type: Family|
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Applicants should consult the Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS), UNHCR/AI/2020/1/Rev. 1 dated 30 March 2020. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
Internal candidates: An applicant who has internal status is
- a staff member holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment in any duty station in the country.
- Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
- Candidates who have been granted group 2 status.
External candidates: All the others who meet the essential minimum requirements of the position. Applicants who are not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the country.
Duties and Qualifications
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to Persons of Concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures. The Supply Associate manages and supports all activities pertaining to the logistics function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, shipments tracking, customs clearance, warehousing. The position is located in the Regional Bureau.
The incumbent is supervised by the Senior Supply Officer who defines the objectives and provides general guidance. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other Bureau Units, UNHCR offices and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the supply function. The duty of the incumbent is to support and monitor the supply activities assigned to him/her within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of the available resources.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
- Prepare plans for delivery of relief and other non-food items according to the operational needs and regularly update the information in UNHCR IT systems.
- Apply UNHCR’s sourcing & procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services. Update the information in UNHCR IT systems. Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order.
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests and/or tenders and assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations, prepare proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence, and monitor the manufacture/transport of ordered goods to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting operations, HQ entities and others, as applicable.
- Provide asset management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate and promote UNHCR’s global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
- Track the progress of specific operations and provide guidance that ensures timely implementation.
- Assist in coaching and advising individuals as requested.
- Track global Supply KPIs for the region and assist in devising regional ones, as required.
- Monitor all periodic Supply exercises such as monthly reconciliations, quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end accounts closure procedures and ensure that they are implemented throughout the region and provide relevant reports to senior managers.
- Assist country operations in MSRP management.
- Support the analysis of country financial reports and work with the Country Operations Supply Team leaders to address red areas relating to Supply aspects of operations.
- Support the country needs assessment plans and assist in combining them into regional procurement plans and monitor their timely implementation and changes based on operational needs.
- Support the work of the Regional Contracts Committee (RCC) through e.g. compiling and checking documents for RCC meetings, taking minutes, communicating decisions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience:
- 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Trade, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, or related field.
- Other UN procurement and logistics training – such as IAPSO and UNPD.
- IT-Computer literacy (MS Office and PeopleSoft/MSRP);
- IT-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management;
- Supply Chain Management;
- Customs formalities;
- Warehouse Management
- Asset & Fleet Management
- Fluency in English and Thai.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational
Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.