Siam Makro Public Company Limited is a cash and carry wholesaler that sells high volumes of food and non-food products to professional customers. Our mission is to distribute products with excellence in price, quality and variety to professional customers, offering them competitive advantages and opportunities for growth.
They are offering a Future Young Talent Program – International (Cambodia, Myanmar, China). It is a 12 months development program, Young Talent will be equipped with functional skills and leadership skills’ to assume further responsibilities in Makro. At the end of 12 months intensive training program together with your hands-on experience and outstanding performance, you would become a Manager in your functional area and would be recorded in talent pipeline in order for us to keep developing you to a successful long-term career path in Makro.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A Young Talent has to work in various departments of the organization, ranging from sales & operations, Makro stores, commercial, supply chain management, and O2O business etc.
- Main-duty is to gain as much knowledge of the organization as he/she can and prepare himself/herself for a managerial role.
- Has to spend time observing – experienced staff of the organization in order to learn about the necessary methods and procedures.
- Has to involve the senior management in setting goals and objectives.
- Monitor progress with the help of key-staff of the organization.
- Learn about the inner workings of the different departments of the organization.
- Communicate with various members of the organization and be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Has to become aware of the company policies and practices of the organization you are working for.
- Mobility to work in upcountry and oversea.
Skills and Specifications:
- Master’s Degree with a maximum 1-2 years working experience.
- We are willing to consider the university degree in a relevant discipline Information Technology, big data, data scientist, innovation, MBA, Finance.
- It is important for a Young Talent to have good interpersonal skills as you have to interact with the staff of different departments on a regular basis.
- Should be a quick learner and have a desire to gain knowledge.
- Being self-confident, approachable and possessing leadership skills are important a pre – requisites in being successful in this profession.
- Strong analytical and creative problem – solving skills with a realistic and commercial understanding of issues and to translate them into clear, insightful and easily understood conclusions, recommendations, presentations.
- Reliability, self-motivation, attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Online Platform, strong research, presentation development, delivery skills.
- Very good command of both written and spoken English.
- Require Burmese or Cambodia or Chinese Speaking
Timeline for this program
- Application Submission – 14 January, 2021
- Assessment Day – 25-26 January, 2021
- Onboard – 8 February, 2021