AltoTech is an early-stage and fast growing startup based in Bangkok Thailand. Our vision is to help hotels, buildings, industries, and villages in Thailand to save money on their electricity bills with IoT and AI algorithms. We are developing a platform that collect properties data such as AMI meter, Property management services, staff operations data, guest occupancy together. With this data, we are creating the so called “Self-Driving Air” that automatically control itself using Reinforcement Learning to cut electricity bills and be more energy efficient. Our target is to help hotels to cut 30% of their electricity consumption by “Self-Driving Air”. We are now implementing our AI and IoT solutions in Samui, Chiangmai, Pattaya, and Bangkok. Furthermore, we are also working with disruptive technologies in energy such as electric vehicles, batteries, renewable energy resources, IoT, blockchain and most importantly AI algorithms to manage these resources.
Job Position: Energy Optimization Engineer
- Alto Energy Team develops and maintains energy optimization algorithms that help increase energy efficiency of properties such as hotels, buildings, villages, or microgrid
- Our energy management platform utilizes data from various sources e.g. properties management system, AMR meter, air conditioning systems, indoor/outdoor weather conditions, and IoT sensors etc. These types of data can come in different formats and time scale (i.e. historical data, real-time data, and forecasted data)
- As an Energy Optimization Engineer, you need to be able utilize data, come up with optimal control strategies, and dispatch commands in real-time to optimize energy consumption, generation, and/or stored at those properties.
- We are looking for talented energy professionals to help build and develop algorithms for our AIoT energy management platform. You will help us define new control strategies, extend our services to new applications and markets. You will also work closely with our data scientists and AI engineers.
- Bachelor’s or Master/Ph.D. (Preferable) degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering and Science
- Strong proficiency in energy optimization algorithms and related mathematics
- Strong proficiency and proven ability in Air Conditioning Systems Chillers, VRV/VRF, and Split-types AC
- Strong proficiency and proven ability in renewable energy resources e.g. Solar Rooftop PV, battery energy storage
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English (must be able to collaborate with our international team)
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams
- Smart but humble, with a bias for action
Nice to have
- Experience in Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning
- Experience with energy simulation software e.g. Energy Plus, RETScreen
- Experience applying machine learning and statistical methods to time series datasets
- Outstanding coding skills or software development background.
- Experience with git and version control workflows.
- Learn fast and do whatever it takes to get the job done
Salary range: 25,000 – 60,000 THB (and also negotiable if you are really really talented)