Within the office structure, the IT Consultant will report directly to the Administrative Officer. The role of the IT Assistant (regular post) remains the same and incumbent serves as the primary focal point on all IT matters and has full responsibility on all APAC IT matters. In close collaboration with the IT Assistant, the IT Consultant will provide support and backstop the IT functions within the APAC Office through maintenance and support of applications used locally, effective installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of hardware and software systems and related infrastructure. S/he will, when assigned, also serve as a focal point for the local support of corporate applications, such as the Enterprise Resource Planning System (Agresso), Share Point, document management system (M-Files) and maintenance of the APAC Website.
High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by formal specialisation/training in computer science is a requirement. Bachelor in Computer Science or in a related field would be an asset.
Professional experience and knowledge
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in the field of IT systems, with a minimum of three years in an international or national government organization or large-scale private organization;
- Administration of data communications networks (Internet, Intranet, LAN, WLAN), including Windows server 2008 R2, VMware, HyperV, Windows 10 Enterprise, Backup exec 2012;
- Essential knowledge of Check Point Endpoint Security, Remote Access VPN, Microsoft Office 2016, Skype for Business 2016;
- Experience in design/development/maintenance of websites (static and dynamic) and knowledge of SharePoint 2013, Dreamweaver;
- Experience in development/maintenance of databases, not involving complex programming;
- Experience in installation/operation/maintenance of computer equipment, including peripherals as well as software applications;
- Ability to interact with hot-line operators for remote troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Understanding of secretarial duties;
- Ability to train others in computer systems operations;
- Ability to draft User Guidelines;
- Ability to work independently, initiative, judgement, thoroughness, accuracy, creativity, discretion;
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural environment.