Established in 1998, the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) is an independent think tank and strategic policy research institute that contributes to sustainable development and environmental preservation. The Institute’s mission is to achieve a new paradigm for civilization and conduct innovative policy development and strategic research for environmental measures, reflecting the results of research into political decisions for realising sustainable development both in the Asia-Pacific region and globally. IGES works closely with national governments, local authorities, international organisations, research institutes, businesses, NGOs and local communities on various critical environmental issues including climate change mitigation and adaptation, forest and biodiversity conservation, water resource management, sustainable consumption and production, waste management, integrated policies for sustainable societies and sustainable cities.
The Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) Bangkok Regional Centre (BRC) is seeking a dynamic person with strong interest and relevant experience in project finance to support for budgeting, book keeping, and financial reporting for the position of Finance Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and review payment vouchers, programme cost, staff travel expenses for SDG FC and DRR CCA projects funded by JAIF.
• Input data expenses into budget control system and QuickBooks software.
• Prepare and submit monthly budget vs. actual reports with analysis to Programme Managers.
• Monitor expenditures, and prepare revisions according to programme needs.
• Ensure maintenance of the control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications and budgetary status.
• Undertake corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including vouchers with budget check errors, and match exceptions and unapproved vouchers. Frequently review and investigate payment vouchers errors.
• Follow-up on audit recommendations to monitor implementation of corrective actions.
• Support Programme Managers and Finance Manager to ensure continuous monitoring of the programmes delivery and budget re-phrasal as required.
Education and Experiences
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Minimum 5 years of accounting, finance and grant experience
• Computer spreadsheet experience
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English
• Prior experience working with international NGOs will be an advantage
Finance Officer will report to the Finance Manager and the Director of IGES Regional Centre.