This Director Position is a leadership role that assist the Executive Director of AIT Solutions in developing and executing AITS’s long as well as short term plans. He/She will help carry out the following responsibilities: (i) Developing a strategic plan
to advance AITS’s mission and objectives, and to promote revenue and growth as an organization; (ii) Overseeing AITS’s operations to ensure cost-effective management of resources, clients’ satisfaction, and superior project quality; (iii) Steering AITS to greater success and shall oversee, manage and direct all current and future projects through his/her inspirational leadership, managerial, analytical, and professional skills; (iv) Developing and maintaining successful relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners, and has the ability to develop, retain, and attract a high performing
team as well as to effectively negotiate with multiple levels of executive management within prospective client organizations; (vi) Using in-depth knowledge and insight of key competitors to create compelling reasons for prospective clients to engage with AIT Solutions; (vii) Attending board meetings with the Advisory Board.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Leadership. Shall assist the Executive Director in:
- Developing a strategic plan to advance the AITS’s mission and objectives and to promote growth as an organization.
- Identify problems and opportunities and address them; bring those which are appropriate to the President of AIT and Board members and/or its committees; and, facilitate discussion and deliberation.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues, initiating new projects, for the AIT Solutions.
- Informs the Board and its committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making.
Business Focus. Shall assist the Executive Director in:
- Overseeing project initiatives and attend meetings for and communicate as well as maintain relationship with other AIT professionals, partners and external resources involved in the development of projects.
- Act as an evangelist for new and emerging engineering technologies by identifying and working with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the AITS is appropriately organized and staffed and to have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy.
- Promote and review the consulting service offering and engagement processes
- Attend meetings with clients/partners for business development.
- Collect feedback from clients and partners, and drive improvement and innovation programs, in strong collaboration with external stakeholders.
Service and Operational Excellence Leadership. Shall assist the Executive Director in:
- Ensure that the AITS’s technology, engineering, environment, development, and management solutions meets clients’ requirements for quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Resolve issues (with a great sense of urgency and escalation ownership for the business- critical ones) and find options to meet new business requirements.
- Approve AITS operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Make sure the project complies with legal requirements
Financial Leadership. Shall assist the Executive Director in:
- Measuring and reporting on actual financial performance as compared to the budget, as well as forecasting future performance.
- Provide the appropriate review and payment of service invoices, ensuring that unit costs and usage align with business consumption and contractual agreements.
- Ensure that expenditures of the AITS are within the authorized annual budget of the AIT.
- To assess the principal risks of the AITS and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed.
- Responsible and accountable for financial management and outcomes.
- Present financial status to Unit Heads of AITS at quarterly finance meetings.
People Leadership. Shall assist the Executive Director in:
- Demonstrates an attitude that is defined by taking responsibilities and loyalties very seriously. Assumes a sense of personal accountability for one’s direct results as well as co- workers’ actions, without seeking to blame or provide excuses for failures.
- Enthusiastically keeps on top of seemingly chaotic demands, rapid and overlapping priorities and displays intensity for getting everything done now.
- Honors interpersonal commitments, maintains the courage of high-minded convictions, values living rightly and plays by honorable rules.
- Emphasis is on appropriate compromise, demonstrating tact, maintaining emotional control and interpersonal tolerance rather than making demands.
- Promote AITS through social media, expert blogs, written articles and personal appearances at seminars, trainings, and conferences.
- Oversee the Unit Head of ACECOMS to effectively plan, manage, organize, execute and lead in the unit activities.
Habitech Centre Duties
- Oversee the Director of Habitech Centre to effectively plan, manage, organize, execute and lead in the unit activities.
Shall Assist The Executive Director in guiding the innovators/ researchers at AIT Solutions, expanding the online knowledge platform and technology commercialization:
- Connecting the ideas/ innovations to emerging industry trends and identify the most significant/ feasible/ scalable opportunities.
- Developing sound/ strong solutions and business models.
- Guide in identifying the areas of funding from local and international agencies.
Online Knowledge Platform Duties:
- Through the Knowledge Lab guide and develop new approaches to expand on existing online knowledge platform
- Promotion of existing program offering Professional Masters in Structural Design of Tall Buildings.
- Identify relevant partners within AIT as well as external parties (universities and/ or corporates) in developing and expanding online program offerings.
- Ph.D. in Engineering or relevant field with at least 20 years of professional experience.
- Age below 50-year.
- A rich experience of managing and executing projects.
- Demonstrated technical leader.
- Top candidates will have exceptional business acumen, enabling them to operate credibly with senior most operating leaders.
- Strong collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills are required. Use change management techniques to convince and influence.
- Ability to stay abreast of emerging technology and assess immediate vs long term application either internally for the AITS, the associates or for our clients, partners, and broader stakeholders.
- Strong skills in developing and managing capital and expense budgets
- Having adequate experience of building and leading high performing teams in a cross-cultural context.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Having broad experience in managing projects throughout Asia.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Job Performance Standards:
- The Director shall know in detail about AIT’s policies and procedures and shall adhere to them when engaging in projects.
- Support active and positive approaches to working with employees.
- Contribute to a fair and equitable work environment.
- Ensure that all employees have a work plan and performance objectives that identify the tasks/activities and expected results for future performance.
- The performance of each employee is fairly assessed, at least annually, at the end of the work plan or performance period
- Follow decentralized and participative management style to encourage team members to generate maximum number of ideas.