How can you make a difference?
The Child Protection Section, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) is seeking an individual consultant to lead engagement with a regional private sector Think Tank on child online protection, lead the organization of a regional conference on child online protection from violence, exploitation and abuse, and provide country office support on an ad-hoc basis on child online protection in the context of UNICEF partnerships and initiatives.
- Convene a Think Tank comprised of key ICT industry companies from the EAP region:
- Under the leadership of the Regional Adviser Child Protection and working closely with the UNICEF Private Sector Engagement team (PFP), identify and engage four ICT companies operating in the region to participate in a regional Think Tank on Child Online Protection. Develop MOUs with each of these companies in collaboration with PFP.
- Produce finalised terms of reference for the Think Tankincluding: details of the educational materials to be designed by the Think Tank and any external partners to be contracted to produce these; details of planned co-creation of educational materials with youth and four UNICEF country offices from the EAP region; and a schedule of meetings and calls for the Think Tankbetween July 2019 and December 2019.
- Convene an advisory board for the Think Tankcomprised of other UN agencies and INGOs, to steer the direction of the Think Tank. Draft terms of reference for the advisory board, arrange for regular meetings of the advisory board, and ensure their advice is conveyed to the Think Tank.
- Ensure effective internal coordination and collaboration with relevant HQ, Regional Office, and Country Office child protection and private sector leads.
- Ensure the visibility of any engagement with the private sector is in line with established UNICEF guidelines and norms for recognition of private sector partners, and that established private sector due diligence processes are followed.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Think Tank for key initiatives:
- In collaboration with the Think Tank, lead the implementation of key activities for 2019, including the development of an evaluation framework for education materials for online protection, the co-creation between adolescent and Think Tank members of education materials and the testing of the evaluation framework utilizing the co-created materials.
- Provide technical and operational support for the organization of a regional conference on child online protection
- In full collaboration with conference partners, coordinate and plan a regional conference on child online protection in December 2019.
- Manage overall event milestones and deliverables, creative briefs, logistics and production timelines to meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain relationships and manage lines of communication with UNICEF regional office sections, Country Offices, National Committees and programme divisions, as well as an external network of support actors, academia, private sector, and government focal points.
Work Schedule and Deliverable, please see attachment:
- Master’s degree (or 8 years relevant professional experience in lieu of Master’s degree) in humanities, social sciences, law, project management, administration, or a related subject.
- 5 years of professional experience in a relevant field.
- Knowledge and experience of engagement with the ICT industry.
- Demonstrated up to date knowledge of child sexual abuse and exploitation, especially its online dimensions.
- Creative, highly organized, in your element when on the move or coordinating multi-nationally.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain and grow multiple relationships with internal decision makers, prominent external speakers and thinkers, academia, civil society, NGOs and more.
- Experience with events big and small, from delivering a creative concept and designing an agenda, to identifying overall event milestones and deadlines, to directing and overseeing coordination leading up to an event.
- Ability to write project documents and reports.
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information.
- Highly adaptable, able to make sound and time-sensitive decisions independently under a significant workload.
- Personable, amiable and eager to work with a very diverse team.
- Fluency in English.
The following experience and skills are desirable:
- Experience with curating keynotes and panel sessions for industry thought leaders.
- Experience with conceptualizing and/or producing: videos, direct mailings, websites, animations, invitations, webinars.
- Work experience in the East Asia and Pacific region.
- Experience with tech events, hackerspaces, makerspaces, tech campuses a nice-to-have, but not necessary.