How can you make a difference?
The Programme Section, UNICEF Thailand Country Office (TCO) is seeking applications to a roster for individual consultants to deliver interpretation services from English to Thai and vice versa during the UNICEF meetings/conferences.
- Simultaneous interpretation from English into Thai, or Thai into English language during the meetings, ensuring accuracy and good understanding of the discussion.
A detail work schedules, deliverables and final outputs will be agreed with hiring manager.
Estimated Duration of Contract: This is a call for consultants to be placed on the Rapporteur Consultants Roster. The duration of contract and necessary official travel in/outside Bangkok will be upon agreement with hiring manager.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience:
- A degree in Communications, journalism, social sciences or a related technical field;
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience in simultaneous interpreter Thai and English language;
- High level and outstanding spoken Thai and English languages;
- Demonstrated experience in simultaneous interpretation in Thai and English languages for UN agencies meetings and familiarity with UNICEF’s style are desirable;
- Prior work experience with UNICEF and familiarity with UNICEF style will be a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexible attitude is desirable;
- Familiar with children’s issues or social issues will be a plus;
- Consultant based in Bangkok is also preferable.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, and proposed daily professional fee in USD, or in THB for Thai applicants by 21 March 2019.
Note: The successful candidates will be identified through the selection process and placed in the rapporteur roster for a period of 24 months with UNICEF Bangkok. The candidates/consultants will be called and contracted for an assignment as requested by hiring section. The duration of contract can be a minimum of one week, up to a maximum of 11.5 months a time depending upon the requirement of assignment. However, consultancy roster does not carry expectancy, renewal or conversion to any other type of contract with UNICEF.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.