How can you make a difference?
The Programme Section, UNICEF Thailand Country Office (TCO) is seeking applications to a roster for individual consultants to provide administrative and programme support to the team.
The successful consultant is required to undertake the following functions:
1. To perform all administrative tasks required for preparation of workshops and meetings, which will include:
a) Coordinates with internal/external to ensure complete logistics arrangements for the conferences/meeting/workshop to be hosted or organized by the unit, including production of workshop materials, facilitating hotel accommodations booking, transportation for the participants; venues; communication requirements (e.g. internet, phone, and e-mail), invitation to participants, making arrangements for meals; and registration.
2. To perform other routine administrative and secretarial work as may be assigned by the team, this includes but not limited to:
a) Preparatory tasks for individuals and institutions required by section and ensures the deliverables against the contract;
b) Ensures accurate documentation required for travel, including preparation and submission of requests for travel authorization and requests for country visas;
c) Ensures feasible arrangements for transportation, accommodation, and appointments;
d) Ensures complete and organized filling of administrative-and-program-related materials, correspondence and other official documents;
e) Ensures the timely payment to vendors as agreed;
f) Coordinates with internal/external unit in processing required administrative support.
3. To support budget planning and monitoring per annual workplan and to produce periodical financial reports for section programme monitoring and donor reporting.
4. To perform collection and processing of data related to development and/or subject-matter activities and to prepare background material, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions as may be required by section.
5. To support in programme development, planning and execution (Optional):
a) Researches, analyses, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of hiring section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations;
b) Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
6. To support in knowledge management and capacity building (Optional):
a) Researches, analyses, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building. Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercise pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders;
b) Through research, builds a repository of subject matter information, including articles, presentations, guidance/concept notes, reports, and documents;
c) Scans, filters, and synthesizes trends in the regional and global environmental and captures experiential knowledge. Ensures that this contributes to the knowledge of UNICEF related staff across the region;
d) Prepares background material, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions as may be required by section.
This is a call for consultants to be placed on the Administrative and Programme Assistant Roster valid for 2 years. Work schedules, deliverables and final outputs will be agreed with hiring manager.
Estimated Duration of Contract: This is a call for consultants to be placed on the Administrative and Programme Assistant Roster. The duration of contract and necessary official travel will be upon agreement with hiring manager.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate education with at least 6 years experience in office administrative functions, of which 2 years experience in research, data and knowledge management for research-related functions, an asset, willingness to learn;
- Experience of working in UN system is preferred;
- Strong experience in providing logistical support for travel, events and meetings;
- Fluent English/Thai communication skills;
- Decision-Making: strong problem-solving abilities, takes initiative, drives for result, ability to prioritize work, communicates problems and proposes solutions, as appropriate;
- Execution: sense of urgency and responsibility, ability to work under pressure and meet the deadlines, flexibility, multitasking and detail oriented;
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet search skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Thai Nationality.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, and proposed daily professional fee in THB by 23 January 2019.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.