How can you make a difference?
The Regional Programme and Planning Section, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) is seeking a qualified individual to provide support in the development of data infographics, visualization and content management for the online platforms.
Purpose of Assignment:
- Develop data infographics and visualization for the online monitoring platform on the Regional Headlines; and
- Additional tasks foreseen include assistance in redesign and content management of EAPRO Sharepoint, a key source for internal knowledge exchange and collaboration on the Regional Headlines and other work of UNICEF in the region is will be.
- Provide support in the development of data infographics and visualization for the online monitoring platform on the Regional Headlines;
- Support the redesign of EAPRO Sharepoint and facilitate EAP knowledge management on the Regional headlines and other work;
- Assist in developing a deck of slides on EAPRO Baseline Study of Regional Headlines.
- Data visualization for report documents, PowerPoint presentations and Regional Headlines online platforms (EAPRO website and SharePoint);
- Updated EAPRO Communication site;
- Updated EAPRO Programme and Planning Collaboration site.
Duration of Assignment: April – August 2019 (4 months, full time)
- Pursuing or completed University degree in any social international development field.
- Demonstrated data analysis skills, especially in social statistics.
- Experience on designing data infographics for use on Sharepoint.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a part of a team, sharing information and coordinating efforts within the team and the office community.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Sharepoint required.
- Knowledge on use of Microsoft Power BI tool is an asset.
- Knowledge of or East Asia and Pacific Region is an asset.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Conditions of Intern:
- Expenses: Unpaid internship with stipend according to UNICEF’s guideline is applicable.
- Medical Health and Coverage: UNICEF accepts no responsibility for costs or fatality arising from illness or accidents incurred during the internship. The intern must carry adequate and regular medical insurance. The intern will be required to provide with proof of medical insurance before joining the duty station.
- Passports and Visas. The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary passport and visas when required. UNICEF will issue a letter stating acceptance of an individual as an intern and the conditions governing the internship.
- Confidentiality. The intern is required to respect the confidentiality of information that s/he collect or is exposed to at UNICEF. No reports or papers may be published based on information obtained from UNICEF without the explicit written authorization by the Head of Office or Division Director.
- Impartiality. The intern is required to respect the impartiality and independence required of UNICEF and will not seek or accept instructions regarding the services performed under the internship agreement from any Government or from any authority external to UNICEF.
- Employment Prospects. The UNICEF internship is not connected with employment and there is no expectancy of such.
Provision of Supervising and Monitoring:
The intern will work under the supervision of Regional Chief of Programme and Planning