Date: Open – 4 to 6 month
FairAgora Asia is a Bangkok-based consultancy firm supporting agribusiness on their journey to compliance and certification. The company created Verifik8, a technology and market-driven verification system to drive social and environmental performances of agriculture operators, while improving efficiency,productivity and sustainability. Our software platform provides real-time data collection, triangulation and analysis to provide better farming management while benchmarking operators against the most relevant sustainability standards in the industry. The intern will be exposed to the key sustainability right issues in seafood supply chain, working alongside with the farmers, processing plants and FairAgora Asia.
2. Major Functions
i. Provide support and collaboration to the Verfik8 aquaculture project
– Support Verifk8 implementation in the aquaculture (shrimp, tilapia, Asian seabass) pilot farms
– Coordinate and participate to project activities at farm level and mill level as stakeholder engagement and assessment. This includes:
- Farmers outreach/ farmers behavior knowledge
- Curriculum development
- Communication between FairAgora team and farmers for training preparation and workshops:logistic/organization
- Contribution for technical reports (stakeholder’s mapping and engagement roadmap)
- Support for selection of training of trainers and training
– Review existing publications on production monitoring in social and environmental aspects.
– Enrich the commodity impact reports format for incorporation in VerifiK8 system & Database.
– Support Verifik8 crosscheck and data analytics processing
– Select and adjust metrics chosen to monitor environmental and social performances of farms.
ii. Provide support to Fairagora sustainable consultancy projects
The intern will mostly work on sustainability specific projects and will also contribute to other FairAgora
projects in other commodities such as seafood, spirulina, rubber or as per FairAgora Asia clients’ needs.
The intern work will be mostly related to standards and certification advisory services (BONSUCRO,
SEASAIP, Organic regulation, GMP, HACCP, ISO, etc.)
- Coursing university degree in an appropriate field related to aquaculture, fisheries, agriculture or other related areas (conservation/environment/natural resource management);
- Field experience/ with shrimp culture specific activity will be an advantage;
- Experience leading, developing, and managing activities in related study field or other activities;
- Strong interest to working in a start-up environment;
- Strong sustainability impact and technology related skills and interest;
- Interest toward Experience working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, (Government, NGO’s, Donors, Civil Society),
- Strong skills in project planning, financing, management, implementation, and evaluation;
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written); other languages such as Thai, Tagalog, Vietnamese or Lao will be an advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to adapt and develop strong relationships at all levels,
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
4- Reports/Discussion with: VerifiK8 Agronomist Expert/ FairAgora Asia’s Director on a weekly basis.
CONDITIONS OF INTERNSHIP
To be provided by FairAgora Asia (VerifiK8):
– Allowance based on experience; Administrative documents for Immigration (student visa) ;
– Travel costs for Thailand and regional missions, if any.
To be covered by the intern:
– Medical insurance
– Mandatory vaccines for South East Asia
– Passport with a minimum of 1 year validity.
– Regional travel costs to cover the visa renewal after 3 month (in case the internship >3month).
– Based in Bangkok (centre/Asok.
– Working schedule: 5 days per week, 8h per day. In case of fieldwork, these schedules are
– Local holidays: following Thai calendar (14 days per year)
– Working Holidays: 10 per year, (pro-rata of the internship’s completion).