The Regional Resource Centre for Asia and the Pacific (RRC.AP) at the Asian Institute of Technology is recruiting a communications intern to support climate change communications, knowledge management and outreach work.
Location: Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2019
Expected Start date: 2 May 2019
Expected duration: 1.5 – 6 months.
Under the supervision of the Climate Change Cluster team, the intern will carry out activities in close collaboration with other staff within the climate change cluster at RRC.AP, in the following areas:
- Content development: prepare and update communications materials and visual representation of RRC.AP’s contributions (reports, brochures, etc.), including drafting content
- Social media management: update relevant content on FB, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Web design: manage, improve, and update the Climate Change Cluster website content, in liaison with other team members
- Engage in and foster internal and external communications
- Event planning: Support the staff in the organization of events: training programmes, conferences, workshops, webinars, etc.
- Represent RRC.AP-AIT in conferences, exhibitions, as needed.
- Knowledge management: Support activities to collect, compile, and manage key internal information (partners, organizations, experts, etc.)
- Support in scoping for resource mobilization opportunities, and drafting proposals on climate related topics as needed
- Provide other assistance to the team as needed during the internship period.
- Video production and editing on events, interviews and activity coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters (completed or in progress) in communications, journalism, public relations, international development, climate change, environmental sciences, social sciences, or related fields;
- At least 1 year of demonstrable experience performing communications tasks (website content management, using social media tools and channels, targeting and developing content for diverse audiences, event planning, liaising with stakeholders, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in English, both written and spoken;
- Basic understanding of climate change and sustainable development issues, (ideally in Asia and Pacific);
- Familiarity with media channels to promote international development, climate change and sustainable development;
- Competent user of photo editing and graphic design software (Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop).
- Multi-tasking, autonomy and problem solving skills are highly appreciated;
- Motivation and drive to promote climate change adaptation & mitigation, and sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific;
- Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative mindset, with experience working or studying in a multicultural environment;
Please note that the above list of responsibilities is indicative and the selected candidate may be asked to work in other areas if needed. We work in a collaborative way and everyone does a bit of everything, so flexibility is highly appreciated (by this we don’t mean making coffee or making copies – we are a paperless team anyway).
Please note this is an unpaid position. However, the office can provide assistance to the selected candidate during visa application processes and in searching for accommodation.