The Regional Resource Centre for Asia and the Pacific (RRC.AP) at the Asian Institute of Technology is recruiting a climate finance intern to support climate change finance research and analysis, knowledge management, and programme development.
Location: Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2019
Expected Start date: 2 May 2019
Expected duration: 3 months.
Under the supervision of the Climate Change Cluster team, the Climate Finance Intern will carry out activities with close collaboration with other staff in RRC.AP in the following areas:
- Research on trends in finance for climate adaptation and disaster risk reduction.
- Support the development and improvement of methodologies, toolkits, materials, proposals, and case studies for strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation for investment in climate change, disaster risk reduction, gender mainstreaming and sustainable development, etc.
- Support the management of reporting and documentation for projects and activities.
- Support in scoping for resource mobilization opportunities, and drafting proposals on climate related topics as needed.
- Provide other assistance to the team as needed during the internship period.
- Masters (completed or in progress) in economics, management, international development, environmental sciences, engineering, mathematics, etc.;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High proficiency in English, both written and spoken. Proficiency in a regional language is preferred but not necessary;
- Familiar with the landscape and subject matters on international development, climate change and sustainable development;
- Multi-tasking, autonomy and problem solving skills are highly appreciated;
- Motivation and drive to promote climate change adaptation & mitigation, and sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific;
- Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative mindset, with experience working or studying in a multicultural environment;
Please note that the above list of responsibilities is indicative and the selected candidate may be asked to work in other areas if needed. We work in a collaborative way and everyone does a bit of everything, so flexibility is highly appreciated (by this we don’t mean making coffee or making copies – we are a paperless team anyway).
Please note this is an unpaid position. However, the office can provide assistance to the selected candidate during visa application processes and in searching for accommodation.