UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners’ needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
UNOPS Thailand Operations Hub (THOH) is under the UNOPS Asia Regional Office and has been established to better support, develop and oversee the UNOPS portfolio of projects in South East Asia and the Pacific.
Located in Bangkok, Thailand, the Hub comprises two main offices –THOH Thailand and THOH Indonesia and its current portfolio spans HR transactional services, financial management services, procurement services and project implementation services currently being provided to a wide range of other UN entities, INGOs and Governments/Government agencies in South East Asia and the Pacific.
THOH Thailand delivers HR Transactional services on behalf of Global clients. Through this service provision stream, THOH Thailand enhances the operational capacity of UNOPS to serve partners with large-scale and high volume HR services through need-driven corporate level project services. In support of, and to best serve client’s needs, THOH Thailand has developed and utilizes standardized and unified systems and processes born of extensive experience that ensures the highest quality of services and cost-effectiveness for partners.
In view of the foregoing, THOH is hiring Project Management Intern. Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager (PM), the Project Management Intern will support Thailand Operational Hub to establish a HR resource center for country offices within Asia Region to provide HR services to partners. This internship will offer privileged exposure to HR services and operations in a UN organization and work experience in a dynamic, international environment.
Specific responsibilities of the Project Management Intern include but are not limited to:
- Drafting high quality communication and documentation required for the center in line with guidance from UNOPS Process and Quality Management System and other applicable UNOPS policy/guidelines/regulations (eg Presentations, Standard Operating Procedures)
- Researching and analyzing information on HR projects and partners
- Liaising with country office focal points and Headquarters for the calls and webinars
- Assisting with distribution of information and communication materials
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- General administration and support
- Reporting to and perform other duties as requested by the Project Manager
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Minimum First level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in International Affairs, Social Sciences, Human Resources, Business Administration, Project management or related field is required.
- Must be enrolled in a university programme such as Master’s or Ph.D. (or the equivalent) or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship.
- Prior project management certification is highly desirable.
- Some professional experience in the field of Human Resources, Learning and development, International development, Project Management, Administration or any other relevant field is desirable.
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office standard programs, in particular proficient user of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attention to details
- Must be tactful, discreet, diplomatic and possess the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Flexibility and adaptability to work under pressure and able to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in an international/ multicultural environment
- Fluency in both written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of second UN official language desirable.
Contract type: Internship
Contract level: N/A
Contract duration: 6 monthsThis internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.