How can you make a difference?
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
1. First and foremost, priority is engaging youth across various channels (High schools, Universities, etc.), organizing them into UNICEF-branded clubs and launching activities that further the cause of UNICEF in Thailand.
a. UNICEF Youth Clubs: Working with schools and communities to create and onboard 3 new clubs during the assignment period.
2. Secondly, target external volunteering opportunities for the Platform through partnerships with external volunteer organizations.
a. Engage potential constituents and help negotiate them down to contractual and operational agreements, securing broad engagement from diverse organizations, such as
i. Non-UNICEF Youth Communities: Engaging with non-UNICEF youth communities, helping grow their participation in the Volunteer Platform activities by selling, training, managing their involvement in volunteer opportunities with UNICEF and these organizations.
ii. External Partnerships: Assist in building partnerships with external volunteer organizations to cross-publish volunteer opportunities, creating a process for publishing select external volunteering activities through the UNICEF Volunteer Platform on an on-going basis.
3. Document the processes supporting all internal and external involvement with the UNICEF Thailand Volunteer Platform, including the ongoing management and operational support of external constituents for the Volunteer Platform.
4. Assist in operationalizing content for the Volunteer Platform as it relates to:
a. Toolkits: Develop tutorials and guidebooks with step-by-step onboarding instructions for all external engagement models – UNICEF-branded Youth clubs; Non-UNICEF Volunteer Communities; and external volunteer organizations.
b. Curated content: Work with the Communications team to structure volunteer content into a progressive learning experience and set of topics for volunteers, building clusters of learning opportunities which result in long-term engagement, e.g. HIV awareness month; End Child Violence campaign, Parenting tutorials, etc.
5. Support the launch of the outreach strategy to grow and engage volunteers across the country, through online and offline channels.
6. Assist Volunteer Engagement Programme Officer in delineating a menu of ongoing engagement opportunities and activities for volunteers to engage in support of UNICEF Thailand’s work for children.
7. Assist in the organization’s annual volunteer appreciation efforts, identifying and taking advantage of additional opportunities throughout the year to recognize volunteers for their service and increasing public visibility of the contribution that volunteers make to UNICEF’s work.
Work Schedule and Deliverables: please refer to attachment for more information.
Estimated Duration of Contract: 7 months over the period of October 2018 – May 2019
Official Travel: Possibly domestic and international travel as assigned.
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Design, Innovations, Computer Sciences, Social Sciences, International Relations, Social Policy, Social Development or other relevant disciplines.
- At least two to four years of experience with programme management and/or community organizing with a non-profit or like-minded organization, and process mapping. Comfortable working with online platforms, applications and digital media.
- Exceptional relationship management skills, with proven ability to manage relationships with a variety of partners, including national authorities, youth networks, universities, intellectual leaders, NGOs or the private sector.
- Fluency in English and Thai language.
- Excellent online communications, writing skills, good listening skills, multi-tasking skills, ability to work individually are common skills expected of a programme manager for the Volunteer Engagement Platform.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities while consistently meeting deadlines is essential.
- Proven ability to work independently, generate pragmatic solutions to address potential road blocks as well as leverage key opportunities.
- Ability to navigate complex environments and help build relationships with a variety of different institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to develop/create online and offline recruitment materials, educational content and engagement opportunities.
- Must be a creative thinker with ability to proactively develop new ideas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming is an asset.
- Proven capacity to work with collaborative teams with different technical skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills and the aptitude to handle competing messages and priorities with multiple audiences.
- Thai National only.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, and monthly professional fee in THB by 14 October 2018.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.