Time Period: ASAP to 26st October 2018 – mostly Part-Time
Type of role: Contractor
About Gone Adventurin (GA)
Asia is the biggest contributor to post-consumer waste mismanagement in the world. Gone Adventurin is a sustainability consultancy and project implementation partner on a mission to tackle post-consumer waste in Asia. Our vision is to create a world without waste.
We help companies design business strategies, implement pilots to recycle post-consumer waste and create
closed loop supply chains so that nothing goes to waste. Our work enables our clients to become attractive to
investors and loved by consumers. We have worked with clients such as P&G in India, Danone in Indonesia, Dole Foods in the Philippines, National Environment Agency in Singapore and Unilever in Vietnam.
According to Ocean Conservancy, 1.8 million tons of plastic leak into the ocean from Thailand each year, making it one of the top 5 countries for ocean plastic pollution. Through this research project and the recommendations from it to key stakeholders such as companies and the government, we hope to promote better waste management practices, and enhance the quality of life of local people.
What the role is about
Key responsibilities for this role are researching different stakeholders in the area of Waste Management and
Circular Economy in Thailand.
This includes the below activities:
- Setting up meetings with key stakeholders in order to gather insights as well as and attending attending the meetings and helping with translations. Stakeholders include recyclers, aggregators, waste management companies/recycling facilities, NGOs/NPOs, waste coalitions and government bodies.
- Setting up a Focus Group Discussion in order to gather insights on behaviour towards recycling from 25-50 youths. This includes setting up a venue, reaching out to youths to participate, arranging transport etc.
- Support report research through desk research.
Perquisites and skill sets needed
- Project management in terms of ability to liaise with up to 5-10 project stakeholders and ensure smooth and timely communications.
- Establish priorities and knowing what results are important, and making use of all resources available to achieve goals.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – to approach various stakeholders.
- A basic background in sustainability and environment.
- Proficient in English.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to work on a pioneering research study to transform waste management policies in
Thailand and be part of Gone Adventurin – a mindfully growing, Singapore-headquartered social
enterprise dedicated to finding business-driven solutions to tackle waste challenges in Southeast Asia.
- This role also offers the opportunity to directly work with the team of Gone Adventurin and with our
clients and partners.